B-25 Bombers!!!

I found it very interesting that I am studying WWII right now because today is the 75th Anniversary of the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo! Yesterday, at our very own Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, eleven B-25 Mitchell bombers landed, coming from Grimes Filed in Urbana, Ohio. I wasn't able to go see them, but about thirty minutes ago, I heard a rumbling noise above our house and ran outside to see all eleven of them fly over our house! It truly was an amazing sight as I watched them fly over, thinking of what it would have been like that day for the Japanese 75 years ago. My grandfather, who was in WWII, worked on these planes too!

Though I wasn't able to get any pictures of the bombers, here are a few links I found interesting. Enjoy!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local-military/crowds-swarm-museum-25s-arrive-honor-doolittle-raiders/hlOwtpnoJxNxsviyYSmriI/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/us/75th-anniversary-doolittle-raid/

To hear the deep, loud rumble of the engines sent chills through my spine. What would it have been like to be in Tokyo and look up to see those bombers flying in formation overhead? What would it have been like to be one of the men flying this mission, knowing that they might never make it back to the US and their families? As my dad said as they flew by, this is flying history. These are the kind of men and planes that made American great.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tenth Region of the Night: Sword and Serpent Book II Review

Goals and Birthdays